Training of Trainers (TOT): PrEP Dispensing and ART Dispensing USAID Community Partnership, July 10-13, 2018, Blisston Suwan Grandview, Bangkok
1. To pre-test the training courses "Antiretroviral Drug Dispensing " and " Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Dispensing” with trainers before conducting trainings with community health workers.
2. To develop the capacity of trainers to conduct courses on HIV prevention and treatment.
By the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
1. Explain the importance of PrEP and how it is used to prevent HIV.
2. Demonstrate assessment of a client’s readiness to initiate PrEP using a case study.
3. Describe the importance and goals of treating people living with HIV with antiretroviral drugs.
4. Describe, assess, and screen HIV-infected patients for eligibility to receive medication from the community health center.
5. Describe approaches to referral for access to medical services and continuous care.
6. Demonstrate and explain the use of documents related to drug storage, dispensing of antiretroviral medications and PrEP.
7. Demonstrate the procedures for PrEP and ART dispensing in community health centers.
8. Demonstrate procedures to follow up clients after starting ART or PrEP.
14 staff from Community Health Centers, and the Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center
Jit Srichandorn and Natat Teerapappongphan